What to Expect
At CodingKey we are looking for a Software Test Engineer with a passion for quality who will be responsible for helping develop frameworks and tooling to increase the effectiveness of our internal test systems. You will build test automation with the goal of providing maximum coverage in the most efficient manner. In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring that the test infrastructure is easily maintainable and can scale to the demands of a rapid continuous integration continuous deployment environment.
What You’ll Do
- Invent methods and build technology to execute tests and evaluate results efficiently and repeatedly.
- Specify, design, develop, integrate and maintain test automation frameworks and tools.
- Implement and execute test strategies on all supported platforms and languages to help improve overall quality and test code coverage.
- Write backend integration tests as well as end-to-end tests for RESTful APIs, WebSocket, etc.
- Design and develop integration, regression, and stress tests using industry standard tools.
- Collaborate with Business Analyst and Developers to understand requirements and translate them into test cases or need for additional test tooling.
- Good knowledge of Web/UI testing.
- Define, implement, and maintain test plans, test specifications and test suites.
- Track our automation testing progress with weekly reports.
- Execute functional and regression tests as a part of release testing and triage results.
- Help identify software bugs through manual testing, automated scripting, and report investigation.
What You’ll Bring
- BS in Computer Science or related field with practical engineering and testing experience.
- Demonstrable experience solving difficult QA problems (scalability, reliability, reporting, parallelization, etc).
- Passionate about troubleshooting failures to determine root cause.
- Experience in designing automation frameworks and developing test automation software.
- Very comfortable with integrating automated tests with CI/CD pipelines.
- Excellent communication skills and very detail oriented.
- Passionate about improving the customer experience.
Location: Onsite is preferred but hybrid or remote were also focused.